Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes and lay in a single layer on large baking sheet.
- Brush with melted coconut oil & sprinkle with Himalayan salt
- Bake for 2-3 hours or until crispy.
Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
Serves: 4 servings
· 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
· 2 tsp. olive oil
· ½ tsp. ground cumin
· ¼ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
· ¼ tsp. chili powder
· ¼ tsp. garlic powder
· ½ cup shredded Monterey jack (or pepperjack) cheese
· ¼ cup chopped tomato
· ¼ cup chopped red onion
· ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper
· 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, seeds & veins removed (optional), sliced
· ½ cup mashed avocado
· 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder; toss gently to blend. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender crisp and golden.
4. Top evenly with cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5. Top evenly with tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeños, avocado, and cilantro; serve immediately.
Flourless Blueberry Blender Muffins
Serves: 12 servings, 1 muffin each
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1 cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 large very ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ⅔ cup chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with spray.
- Place yogurt, honey, bananas, eggs, extract, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth, scraping once or twice, as needed.
- Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Energy Trail Mix
Yields: 8 servings, ¼ cup each
¼ cup raw walnut halves
½ cup dried unsweetened pineapple, coarsely chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup dried unsweetened apple slices, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. raw pecan halves
2 Tbsp. raw sunflower seed kernels
¼ cup whole raw almonds
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Store in airtight container.
Frozen Banana Pops
Serves: 12 servings, ½ banana each
· Parchment paper
· Popsicle sticks
· 6 large bananas, cut in half lengthwise
· ½ scoop Vanilla Vegan Shakeology
· 2 tsp. all-natural peanut butter
· 3 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use
· ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, no dairy added (approx. 2 oz.)
· 2 Tbsp. chopped raw pistachios
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Place a popsicle stick into each banana. Place on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
3. Combine Shakeology, peanut butter, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; mix well.
4. Place in small re-sealable plastic bag. Squeeze out most of the air; seal top. Cut off a tiny corner of plastic bag containing chocolate. Evenly pipe peanut butter mixture over bananas. Set aside.
5. Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tsp. oil in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds, or until just melted. Do not overcook. Place in small re-sealable plastic bag. Squeeze out most of the air; seal top.
6. Cut off a tiny corner of plastic bag containing chocolate. Evenly pipe chocolate over bananas.
7. Sprinkle evenly with pistachios.
8. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until hard.